ANNUAL BONUSES

For employees/ workers advice please visit http://www.labourguide.co.za/faq

If you would like to add a question click on the "new topic" button. To reply to an existing posting simply click on the "reply" button. Click on http://www.labourguide.co.za to return to the SA Labour Guide homepage

Moderator: Andrec

zwelibanzi zulu

ANNUAL BONUSES

Unread post by zwelibanzi zulu » 07 Oct 2017, 09:16

Hi there
Me: I started to work for the company on the 1st November 2016, I will be completing 1 year in the company this year 2017 1 st November. The Company Police says I do qualify for the Annual bonus but now I got a final written warning that last for 1 year. COMPANY: This is what the company says ELIGIBILITY OF ANNUAL BONUSES 2.1 Annual bonuses may be paid to employees, other than fixed-term employees, who are in the employ on the 31st December each year, provided that, in the opinion of the Remuneration Committee of the Board, satisfactory results for the current financila year are likely to be achieved and/ or funds have been made available by the Company for payment of annual bonuses. 2.2 Should the company declare the payment bonuses, then any annual bonus payments granted are subject to Management's discretion based on an employee's overall performance and disciplinary record during the year preceding the 31st December. Me: My performance is good I give the company what is requires from me , but , because I do have a valid final written warning on my file. COMPANY: GUIDELINES AND CRITERION FOR PAYMENT OF ANNUAL BONUSES 3.1.6 Should an employee have a valid Final Written Warning on file the time during which annaul bonus payments are due , the employee will not be entitled to an annual bonus at all. Me: The Question is, is it right that the company declare the payment of annual bonuses, but managers use criteria when they give employees bonuses as they said it's Management discretion?

IRgunther

Re: ANNUAL BONUSES

Unread post by IRgunther » 14 Oct 2017, 15:30

Hi

"The Question is, is it right that the company declare the payment of annual bonuses, but managers use criteria when they give employees bonuses as they said it's Management discretion?" Whether it's right or not is debatable but it is certainly not unlawful. They may do so.