For employees/ workers advice please visit

If you would like to add a question click on the "new topic" button. To reply to an existing posting simply click on the "reply" button. Click on to return to the SA Labour Guide homepage

Moderator: Andrec

Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Apr 2018, 14:25


Unread post by durasamikeegan » 20 Apr 2018, 14:31

I have picked up an injury on the lowest part of my back whilst working. I have reported the injury and require a doctor however my employer responded that we do not have an IOD cover or policy what do I do?

Posts: 1728
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 11:06

Re: injured

Unread post by tinus » 24 May 2018, 19:44

All employers who employ one or more workers must by law be registered with the Compensation Fund.

May I suggest that you contact the Compensation Commissioner in this regard.
Contact Details
Compensation Fund
Operating Hours: 07:30 to 16:00, Monday to Friday.
Telephone Number(s):
Fax Number(s): 012 326 1570 / 012 357 1772
Street Address: Compensation House
167 Thabo Sehume Street, Delta Heights Building
Postal Address: P.O Box 955
Email Address:

Contact details for medical section

Tinus Boshoff
Health and Safety Expert
SA Labour Guide Forum Team

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests