GMR 2.1

For employees/ workers advice please visit http://www.labourguide.co.za/faq

If you would like to add a question click on the "new topic" button. To reply to an existing posting simply click on the "reply" button. Click on http://www.labourguide.co.za to return to the SA Labour Guide homepage

Moderator: Andrec

Ruanvelle

GMR 2.1

Unread post by Ruanvelle » 28 Mar 2018, 15:59

Good day.
I'm to be appointed as Gmr 2.1 but need to know exactly what my responsibility will be. The SHEQ manager said that the 16.1 and 16.2 needs to list and confirm what machines I will be responsible for,so that in the event of an accident happening on a machine that was not mentioned in the responsibilities list, I cannot be held responsible.
1. Is the Gmr. 2.1 not automatically responsible for all machines?
2. After signing the appointment paperwork , am I also saying that all machines are safe for work , or can I stipulated that only machines that I have assessed are safe while further assessment of other machines are in the process of being done?

Thank you
Regards

tinus

Re: GMR 2.1

Unread post by tinus » 03 Apr 2018, 07:50

1. Is the Gmr. 2.1 not automatically responsible for all machines?

That would be correct.

2. After signing the appointment paperwork , am I also saying that all machines are safe for work , or can I stipulated that only machines that I have assessed are safe while further assessment of other machines are in the process of being done?

This would be a process. The GMR 2(1) would be responsible to ensure compliance relating to the use of machinery on site. As the GMR 2(1) you would be responsible to ensure that all legal requirements are met relating to the use of machinery on the premises.

Basically, that all machinery used on the premises complies with the various OHS regulations (like guarding of machinery/ prescribed testing or inspection by AIA's conducted etc), that maintenance schedules is implemented, risk assessments were conducted, SOP's implemented, applicable permit to work systems implemented, inspections etc.
Tinus Boshoff
Health and Safety Expert
SA Labour Guide Forum Team

Ruanvelle

Unread post by Ruanvelle » 10 Apr 2018, 15:34

Thank you.
Very much appreciated
Regards

tinus

Unread post by tinus » 15 Apr 2018, 21:14