Letter of Good Standing

For employees/ workers advice please visit http://www.labourguide.co.za/faq

If you would like to add a question click on the "new topic" button. To reply to an existing posting simply click on the "reply" button. Click on http://www.labourguide.co.za to return to the SA Labour Guide homepage

Moderator: Andrec

InnoHuB

Letter of Good Standing

Unread post by InnoHuB » 29 Nov 2017, 23:21

Can i appoint a contractor without a letter of good standing??

I am dispute with my colleagues because they say it was supposed to be specified on the RFQ that it is a requirement, now they require proof from on OHS act that state that i cannot contract or allow someone to continue working at our site without that letter

Regards

J

tinus

Re: Letter of Good Standing

Unread post by tinus » 03 Dec 2017, 08:24

Hi there

Section 89 of the COID Act would be applicable.

89. Mandators and Contractors

(1)

(a) If a person (the mandator ) in the course of or for the purposes of his business enters into an agreement with any other person (the contractor ) for the execution by or under the supervision of the contractor of the whole or any part of any work undertaken by the mandator , the contractor shall. in respect of his employees employed in the execution of the work concerned, register as an employer in accordance with the provisions of this Act and pay the necessary assessments.

(b) If a contractor fails so to register or pay any assessment , the said employees of the contractor shall be deemed to be the employees of the mandator , and the mandator shall pay the assessments in respect of those employees.

Greetings
Tinus Boshoff
Health and Safety Expert
SA Labour Guide Forum Team

madidamp

Unread post by madidamp » 25 Jan 2018, 12:37

Thank you Tinus

tinus

Unread post by tinus » 01 Feb 2018, 13:45

Pleasure