For employees/ workers advice please visit

If you would like to add a question click on the "new topic" button. To reply to an existing posting simply click on the "reply" button. Click on to return to the SA Labour Guide homepage

Moderator: Andrec

Posts: 3
Joined: 17 May 2016, 13:13


Unread post by gemini@1969 » 10 May 2017, 10:22

Good day,

I refer to CR 24(c) and (d) - "Electrical Installations and Machinery on Construction Sites"

1. Must a qualified electrician be charged in writing for the "control" of Temporary Electrical Installations on a Construction Site.
2. The regulation calls for WEEKLY inspections by a competent person - is this also a qualified electrician?

if so, does this mean, that, if the contractor does not employ a full time electrician, they have to now outsource this very expensive task to an electrical contractor who will charge a call out on weekly basis!!!. Please advise what could be done to comply with this requirement, without the cost of employing an outside electrical contractor. Also what does this cover? Is if for DB boards as well, kettles, stoves, microwaves, computers, etc?

Also, this seems a bit too onerous for a smaller contractor and should be taken up with the Department of LAbour advises to re-look at this requirement. Inspections should rather be on a six monthly basis!.

Many Thanks

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest